About Us

We've been around Charlotte since 1944 and have established a proven track record for quality AC service and repair. As one of Charlotte's leading AC contractors, we are proud of the reputation we have built. Give us a call today for the best AC service in the Queen City.

Headquarters

600 Morris Street

Charlotte, NC 28202

(704) 376-4328

Hours

Office: Mon - Fri: 7:30 am - 8 pm

Our dispatch phone line and service technicians are available for emergency services until 10:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.

EXPLORE MORE

  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • Yelp
  • Instagram
  • Twitter

© 2018 Adams Heating & Air Conditioning - Charlotte AC Repair & Replacement

The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide Detector

We’ve talked about the importance of your home’s air quality before, and we are always happy to chat with our clients about how the quality of your home’s air can make your home more enjoyable. However, indoor air quality isn’t always about comfort. It can also be about safety and protecting your family.

Such is the case with carbon monoxide in your home.





What is Carbon Monoxide?


Carbon monoxide is a dangerous gas that is produced by anything that uses combustible reactions, such as your car engine, your stove, or your furnace.

Carbon monoxide is particularly dangerous because it is odorless and colorless, meaning it can only be detected by sensitive equipment like your smoke detector.


What Are the Dangers of a Carbon Monoxide Leak?


Carbon monoxide exists both in and outside of our homes but isn’t dangerous or harmful in small doses. If carbon monoxide builds up in your home, such as when your car is warming up in your garage, you and your family members can experience symptoms including dizziness, headaches, vomiting, or chest pains because of it.

If your carbon monoxide leak continues to get worse and the levels are not resolved, they can prove fatal to you while you are sleeping at night.


How Can I Protect My Home and Family?


Fortunately for homeowners, carbon monoxide build ups are easily preventable, as they are usually caused by a faulty HVAC system and can be quickly be repaired by experienced professionals.


Other ways to prevent carbon monoxide build-ups include not using the stove to heat your home, having your chimney cleaned annually, and avoiding using gas-powered generators inside the home.


Because of the greater use of heating systems during the winter and homeowners looking to warm up their cars in the garage, most carbon monoxide poisonings happen during the holidays. This means that you should get your HVAC systems looked at during the fall season to avoid any discomfort for your holiday guests and bouts of serious sickness for your home’s residents.


If you want to make sure your home is as enjoyable as possible and go to bed with total peace of mind, call our technicians at (704) 376-4328 or visit us online and take a look at our wide selection of household services.


(704) 376-4328

  • Facebook
  • Yelp
  • Instagram
  • Twitter